This special tooling machine is designed for turning work rolls grooves of the reducing mill "in the cage". The 3 roll cage assembly is installed and squeezed in the machine columns, actuating gear half couplings, placed in the columns, are engaged with the actuating gear half couplings to transmit rotation when turning. After that, spindle headstock is moved to the working position to start turning of the roll grooves.
The overhaul of the special machine KJ2616 was made in 2011. The scope of works included complete examination and repair of the mechanical part of the machine with the replacement of guideways, completely replacement of electrical part and machine wiring, and control system upgrade, as well as complete replacement of hydraulic system of the machine.
MAIN TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE MACHINE AFTER REPAIR:
• Diameter of roll groove:
lowest : 20mm;
• Rotating speed of the roll groove:
lowest: 6 rpm;
largest: 30 rpm.
• Number of roll rotation steps: stepless control.
• Spindle rotating speed (circular feed):
largest: 0,0014 R/min;
lowest : 0,1400 rpm.
• Number of spindle rotation steps: stepless control.
•Spindle head shift: 550+5 mm.
• Rapid travel speed of spindle headstock: 1000+20 mm/min.
• Perfect roll diameter: 330 mm.
• Width of the cage: 290 mm.
• Machine dimensions:
length: 3470 mm;
width: 3340 mm;
height: 2200 mm.
• Weight of the machine with electrics: 11500 kg.